If you’re looking for HVAC SEO services and tips, look no further. This guide will help you understand how to approach your SEO and content marketing strategies to get valuable results.
An Example of How HVAC SEO Works
Let’s set the scene so you can see why SEO for HVAC companies is so critical. Suppose it’s the coldest day of the year in a place like Oshkosh, WI, and someone’s heater breaks down when it’s -20ºF outside.
Here are the results for the term “HVAC repair near me” for that area:
There are immediate, localized search results available on page one, both in the form of a map and as individual search results.
After these listings comes the “People also ask” feature, which lists other questions that people ask Google relating to this query.
Think about the type of person that would search for this. They’re probably in need of HVAC services near them and are researching which companies can give them the type of service they need—and if they can do it after hours, and how much it’ll cost!
Google understands that people are unique. They want to offer a resource that best matches who they are, what they need, and their intent.
Find out how your company can bring valuable traffic to your website through evidence-based HVAC SEO.
Why SEO for HVAC?
Because it works. HVAC companies can generate more calls, sales, and revenue when they take advantage of organic search. Your HVAC services solve a problem people have, and people go to search engines to solve their problems.
People are trusting search engines more and more to help them find solutions to their problems. In turn, SEO is becoming more valuable as a tool to stand out from your competitors and help people find you first when they need your services the most.
According to Milestone Research, organic search accounts for 69% of website traffic for local businesses. When people’s HVAC systems fail, one of the first things they’ll do is pull out their phone and look for services like yours, so it can pay dividends to have a good SEO strategy that can help your website be one of the first they see.
How to Use Empathy for Customers to Market Your HVAC Services
The key to marketing success for your HVAC company is to identify the problem your services solve. From there, you can educate your customers on how it solves their problems.
We always tell the companies we work with to focus on their customers first. Knowing and caring more about your customers than your competitors is one of the keys to successful digital marketing. These are some ways to put that into action:
- Providing answers to common questions: Providing an FAQ or other ways to troubleshoot on your website can make a huge difference in your customers seeing you as credible.
- Offering multiple ways to find information: Some people prefer videos and photo tutorials, while others prefer written content, and others like learning through live chat.
- Creating a content strategy around customer needs: This might involve surveying your past customers or looking at what brought them to you in the first place.
- Updating your website regularly: Adding new and relevant information to your website allows your customers to learn more and shows them that you care about their needs.
6 Parts of a Good HVAC SEO Strategy
1. Local SEO for HVAC Contractors
Local SEO is essential for HVAC companies. By optimizing your site for a local audience, it becomes easier for people to find your business quickly and easily when they need it the most.
Some common methods for improving local SEO include:
- Creating a Google My Business account
- Mentioning your service areas on your website, including location pages for each one
- Ensuring your business is included in local directories, such as your local Chamber of Commerce, Angi, and other sites
2. On-Site SEO for HVAC
On-site SEO includes both on-page and technical SEO.
On-page SEO mainly refers to the content of your website pages. Some common examples of improving on-page SEO include adding relevant keywords to the copy on your pages, page titles, headings, meta descriptions, and other signals that tell Google about what’s on your site.
Technical SEO, on the other hand, tends to occur on the back end of your website. Common strategies include using an SEO-friendly structure for your website, improving website security, and making sure your pages are accessible to both users and search engine crawlers.
3. Off-Site SEO for HVAC
While it isn’t as easy to control, off-site SEO is incredibly valuable because it helps your business build credibility with Google. Common tools and tactics for improving off-site SEO include:
- Link building: Link building is the process of building relationships with other legitimate websites, including blogs and directories, so they will provide links back to your own site. The process can take time, but it can make a massive difference in how your pages rank on search engine results pages (SERPs), where your customers will see you among the top websites.
- Using social media: This includes both posting regularly and including links to your website in your business’s social media profiles.
- Brand monitoring: Whether you use a brand monitoring tool or hire an agency to help you with the work, this can help you track what people are saying about your brand and where on the internet there are links to your site.
4. Improving User Experience
User experience can be challenging, especially if you’re not familiar with technical SEO. Whether your users are trying to schedule a house call or just looking for tips on how to lower their gas bill in the winter, it’s essential to make it as easy as possible for them to find the answers they need.
Here are just a few ways you can improve your website’s user experience:
- Mobile optimization: Chances are, your customer is using their phone or tablet to look up services like yours when they need them the most. Google also uses mobile-first indexing, which makes it easier for them to find you if your site is mobile-friendly.
- Improved load speed: If you’ve ever had to wait more than a few seconds for a webpage to load, you know why this is important. Google is more likely to promote sites with faster load speeds.
- Easier navigation: You should try to make it as easy as possible for your website visitors to find what they need.
5. Making It Easier to Connect When It Counts
As part of your HVAC SEO marketing strategy, your website should have multiple ways for people to connect with you. These are some of the methods we recommend:
- Click-to-call links: If someone is on your website because they need urgent HVAC repair, this allows them to click a link on your page and call your business directly.
- Live chat: Some people prefer to use instant messaging instead of calling, or need it for accessibility purposes. By having live chat available during your business hours, this allows them to get help when they need it.
- Scheduling links: Providing a calendar link for HVAC services directly on your website can make it easier for customers to schedule appointments on their own, rather than waiting to hear back from your office team.
6. Using Internal Links for Improved SEO
External links to credible sources that relate to your services are valuable, but internal links that go to other parts of your website are worth their weight in gold.
Internal links help Google index and understand the pages on your website. If one page is ranking particularly well for search engines, including links to other pages on the page can help Google view those links as credible. This concept is sometimes called link equity.
In addition to building link equity, adding links to and from your other site pages can make it easier for users to navigate your website.
Content Marketing for HVAC Companies
Why bring up content marketing in a guide to SEO? Because you really can’t have one without the other—SEO and content work beautifully together.
Your HVAC company’s content marketing strategy should begin with a foundation of keyword research, just like your SEO strategy. Here’s how we approach the research process for HVAC services.
How to Identify Content Marketing Ideas
We typically recommend using data as your driving force when choosing content marketing ideas. That can include:
- Talk to your customers: You might know less than you think about how your customer looks for information on their HVAC needs. Start by surveying them to get more information about who they are and how they think—you might find they aren’t using the jargon you’re used to.
- Conduct keyword research: Using keyword research tools can help you find more relevant keywords that your customers are using to search. This can also be a great source of ideas for different topics and subtopics relating to your HVAC services, as most SEO tools will also show the questions people ask Google.
- Look at content types in SERPs: Your target audience might not be looking for written answers—instead, they might be looking for videos or tools that can show them how to diagnose specific problems with their heating or cooling systems.
Our SEO Services: What to Look for in an HVAC SEO Marketing Partner
We know that attracting website traffic can be challenging. There are a lot of moving parts that require constant attention and maintenance. That’s not even factoring in the quality content you should contribute to it regularly. After all, writing great, authoritative content takes time.
However, creating content can be worth the time investment when you have a solid SEO and content marketing strategy in place.
That’s where we come in. At Avalanche Creative, we specialize in providing data-driven HVAC SEO services and content marketing plans that can bring more qualified leads to your website.
Message us today to learn more.
Evidence-Based HVAC Marketing
At Avalanche Creative, we create evidence-based, easily executable search engine and content marketing plans for HVAC companies. Our process takes the mystery out of marketing for HVAC and provides a bulletproof plan for executing an SEO and content strategy that drives more traffic and qualified leads, and builds your brand authority.
Our HVAC SEO services mitigate the risk of a bad investment in search engine optimization. We reduce these risks by researching and planning more thoroughly than anyone else. We also make sure your SEO and content marketing plan is viable for your HVAC company. Reach out to us today.
Other HVAC Marketing Resources
Since most customers only reach out to HVAC companies when they need service, it’s essential to build your brand awareness ahead of when they need it. That way, they’ll be more likely to call your services first. Outside of SEO, that can include:
- Paid search, also known as search engine marketing (SEM)
- Email marketing
- Your website
- Social media advertising
Use Your HVAC SEO Strategy to Find Customers
Ready to invest in SEO and find the perfect keywords to attract your HVAC company’s best customers? Connect with us today.
Get the Keyword List
Fill out the form below and we’ll send you the list! Ready to invest in SEO and find the perfect keyword list for HVAC? Chat with us today.