Today I’m going to show you the money (the secret to eventually making money from SEO).
Time + Consistency = Money
If you play high school football you have about a 0.00075% chance of making it into the NFL.
- There are about 1.1 million high school football players every year.
- About 853 players per year make the pros.
- Your chances of making it to the pros are about the same as getting struck by lightning.
Interesting stats, but it’s not as simple as just playing high school football.
If simply being on a high school team meant you had the same slim chance of being an NFL player, more would do it.
Those 853 worked their butts off, for years. Natural-born talent helps, but it won’t get you in alone.
SEO is similar.
You’ve got to put in the work and then continue to put in the work and someday it will start to pay off. Often in a big way.
Kind of like being a poor college student one day to a multi-million dollar contract the next.
Consistency With What?
It’s far too easy in SEO to spend a lot of time being consistent with the wrong activities.
The reality is, we perform the exact same SEO tasks on different websites and almost always get different outcomes.
But, we eventually get good results, over time, because we have a not-so-secret secret – a consistent feedback loop:
- Build something (content, links, etc.)
- Measure it (impressions, clicks, leads, sales)
- Learn from it (did it work? why not? how can we improve?)
- Repeat steps 1-3 (if the Brian McKnight song is now in your head)
Create a consistent feedback loop, do the work, and you’ll see the money.