Today I’m talking about how to make SEO a lot easier.
The secret to ranking for anything is always available to you.
- Analyze the search results for any query you want to rank for.
- Reverse engineer what works and do it better.
Search for any keyword and you’ll typically see 10 blue links, a featured snippet, images, videos, and other variations of a search engine result page features.
All of this is telling.
It’s telling you what Google thinks the searcher needs and what you might need in order to rank.
Take it a step further.
Click through the links and experience the web pages that are ranking.
Ask yourself what would make for a good experience if you were motivated to make that search.
- How is the content organized?
- Can I find what I need fast?
- Does the content on that web page satisfy my need?
- How does the page go above and beyond other pages?
Make a list of all of the features the top 3-5 results have (images, videos, links to related content, etc.) and start to build a framework for what it will take to start competing.
Do this and you’ll be well on your way to SEO success.