Healthline.com’s Insane SEO + Content Strategy by the Numbers
Only 1 out of every 10 pages on the internet rank on the first page of Google. Learn about what it takes to get there with this example!
Category: Search Engine Optimization | Tags: avalanche email, content marketing, Content Strategy, seo analogy
Today I’m going to do an SEO + content tear down of healthline.com
- Healthline.com ranks for 2,222,143 keywords in the top 10 (or page one) of Google.
- Their website has 46,189 pages that rank.
- It’s estimated that those rankings bring them around 232 million visitors per month.
- The keyword “coffee” gets around 4,090,000 searches per month in the U.S. alone and healthline.com has a blog post that ranks on page 1.
Healthline built a rocket to the moon
But how did Healthline.com get here?
Well, it wasn’t overnight.
As far back as my data can go (January of 2012) Healthline only had 2,140 pages that showed up in Google’s organic 100 positions (first 10 pages).
That’s an average of about 4,404 new pages per year (or 12 per day) since 2012.
That’s a lot of work. And here’s what I know about that kind of work:
- You don’t invest like that unless there’s a strong potential for returns.
- You need A LOT of specialists to make that happen (project managers, SEOs, content strategists, content writers, content editors, data/analytics, etc.)
- This couldn’t be done without a bulletproof process built on confidence and clarity.
Invest Big, Win Big. Invest Small, Lose Money.
SEO is nothing without content. And good content is getting harder and harder to bring to market (only 9/10 pages on the entire internet ever see page 1 of Google).
Undercapitalizing your investment in content (an investment in the future of your business) is a risk.
Sure, you can also overcapitalize and not reach the point of generating returns before running out of money, but if you invest too small in the market of SEO + content, you’re just flushing money down the drain.
If you’re trying to fly to the moon, you don’t cut corners to save money on building your rocket. That jeopardizes the mission.
Healthline.com is a great example of a company that made a big, calculated bet, worked hard and smart, and is now owning its market; sitting pretty owning a whole bunch of real estate on the moon.
Share this article:
The Avalanche Email: Fun. Simple. Educational. No Selling.
Learn Result-focused SEO & Content
Join over 2,272+ others who get one email every Wednesday with simple instructions on how to get more website traffic and leads through SEO and content marketing. (Learn more about the email)
Share this article: