SEO Hack: Use Quora to Improve Your SEO
Here's how to use one of the internet's highest-ranking question and answer forums to your advantage to improve your SEO!
Today I’m talking about a little SEO “hack” you can use with Quora.com
Quora.com is a community-style, question and answer, website. Quora attracts an insane amount of traffic to their website:
That’s over 60 million estimated visitors from Google per month just in the United States.
And with over 28,000,000 page one keywords in the US, there are tons of questions people ask on Quora that show up in search results.
How to Use Quora to Improve Your SEO
- Using SEMRush we can go to the Organic Research tool (see screenshot above), then filter by any keyword you care about.
- Browse the keywords and questions that Quora ranks for.
- See if any of these are queries your target audience might be asking.
- Study the current results page for those queries and write your own helpful content.
Why Does this Work?
There’s a couple of reasons:
- Not only is there evidence of search volume, but there is also evidence of a conversation. Quora’s pages tend to show up in search results when there are provided answers to other people’s questions.
- Quora results often reveal low-competition queries. Why? Because these searchers likely couldn’t find the answer on Google they needed, so they went to a website (Quora) where they could ask a large community for answers. It’s essentially unveiling a potential content gap for you to fill.
It’s not always the case and these should be used with a grain of salt, but keyword density (KD) is often relatively low for a lot of the keywords Quora pages rank for, which is further evidence that you might be able to also rank for those queries.
So if you’ve got something like shoes to sell, follow the steps above and type in “shoes” (screenshot below) and start looking through keywords that might be valuable for your business.
Share this article:
The Avalanche Email: Fun. Simple. Educational. No Selling.
Learn Result-focused SEO & Content
Join over 2,272+ others who get one email every Wednesday with simple instructions on how to get more website traffic and leads through SEO and content marketing. (Learn more about the email)
Share this article: