How to Get More Valuable Traffic Using Your Current Website Data
Learn how to use Google Data Studio to identify your best performing pages and better optimize them for more valuable traffic.
Today I’m going to show you how to identify where and how to get more valuable traffic using your website’s current data.
First, let’s define “valuable traffic.”
Traffic is valuable when it eventually becomes a lead or a sale.
But, if you aren’t tracking the right events on your website, you will have no idea how to identify valuable traffic.
Enter: Google Data Studio
Identify Your Best Pages
With Data Studio, you can create a table, like the one above, that shows you what your top landing pages are by those that lead to the most goal completions.
- Have Google Analytics installed on your site.
- Have goal completions set up and tested (these are actions like form completions or clicks to call).
- Create a report in Google Data Studio where the dimension is Landing Page and the metrics are Entrances, Goal Completions, and Goal Conversion Rate.
That’s it. Now, over time, you can monitor this to identify what your best landing pages are.
Improve Upon Your Best Pages
Once you know what the best pages are (again, those that lead to goal completions):
- Create a report inside Data Studio with Search Console data that shows what keywords your site appears for and gets clicks on (screenshot below).
- You can filter this data by individual pages.
- Once you’ve filtered by individual pages, you’ll see the keywords this individual page shows up for in search and gets clicks on.
- Use this list of keywords to get ideas for updating the content to better fulfill the intention of the searcher.
A Tool + A Formula
These reports are valuable tools for marketing success.
But the formula is what helps you improve and achieve outcomes.
The formula: Build something, measure it, learn from it, repeat (and never stop).
Share this article:
The Avalanche Email: Fun. Simple. Educational. No Selling.
Learn Result-focused SEO & Content
Join over 2,272+ others who get one email every Wednesday with simple instructions on how to get more website traffic and leads through SEO and content marketing. (Learn more about the email)
Share this article: