Here’s How to Beat Your Competition’s Content
Here is a quick and easy way to outrank your competition for important keywords by creating better, SEO-friendly content.
I’m really excited about what I’m about to show you.
It’s a quick framework for collecting ideas on how your content can compete and ideally dominate the search engine results page on important keywords.
First, an example…
Upon searching “doctor text message” I get a whole bunch of varying results, as you can see from the screenshot below:
In the screenshot above we’ve got:
- Ads to chat with a doctor.
- Ads for a text message service for doctors.
- Images of screenshots of texts doctors send to patients.
- The #1 organic result, and the “People also ask” box.
Below that, we’ve got more organic results:
As you can see above, we’ve got a mix of different options of content related to “doctor text message”:
- An article on whether it’s right or wrong for doctors to text patients.
- An article with templates for doctors to use to send texts.
- An article on improving patient experience with text messages.
ALL OF THESE ARE DIFFERENT TOPICS!
And for good reason. Do you know what the searcher needs from that phrase? I’m sure they have some idea, but we don’t know for sure.
Let’s say you sell software for doctors and it has a text message feature, so it’s important for your website to show up on this results page. And even more important to get a lot of the clicks.
So, how would I go after that keyword/topic to get that traffic?
Here’s The Lesson
- I’m going to visit every page of the top 10 results in Google and copy all the headings on those pages in a Google Doc (not for stealing, for idea collection).
- Once I’ve done that, I’m going to organize those by different headings and topics to create a content template.
- I’m going to write about all of those topics so that way I have the most complete single page of content on the topic of “doctor text message.”
- Once I’ve written it I’ll write a title that stands out among the other results like, “Doctor Text Messaging 101: Everything You Need to Know + Templates.”
That’s it. Now, go get to work creating better content for your audience that is based on evidence and SEO optimized!
Share this article:
The Avalanche Email: Fun. Simple. Educational. No Selling.
Learn Result-focused SEO & Content
Join over 2,272+ others who get one email every Wednesday with simple instructions on how to get more website traffic and leads through SEO and content marketing. (Learn more about the email)
Share this article: