A couple of days ago I went salmon fishing in the beautiful Pere Marquette River in Baldwin, Michigan.
It was a blast and today my arm is sore from fighting these 25-pound monsters.
Here’s a picture of me with one of them:
What this picture doesn’t tell you: I’m new to fly fishing.
It took many casts for me to start getting them to bite. Within the first couple of hours, it was probably every 50 casts or so.
For my friend Dan, an experienced fly fisherman, it was probably every 15 casts.
But, I kept at it and by the end of our 2-day adventure, I was starting to get the hang of it and was getting more fish on at a higher frequency.
What a great analogy for so many things:
- Don’t give up on your first few casts.
- Be willing to ask for help and have someone more experienced guide you.
- You won’t be perfect right away.
This is absolutely true for SEO and content marketing…
In today’s email, I’m using the search engine results page of “fish” to show you to perfect your cast so you’ve got a better shot at hooking the big monsters you want to reel in for your business.
But, it comes in the form of a video.
In this video you’ll learn:
- How to better navigate Google’s results page for any given keyword.
- How to use the results of Google’s search engine results page to inform your content and SEO strategy.
- Why the “big fish” keywords aren’t always the best to go after.