Use Customer Questions to Build the Website They Desire
Here's how to tailor your website to your customers' needs! It's as simple as keyword research, keyword grouping, and developing content.
Category: Search Engine Optimization | Tags: avalanche email, Content Strategy, keyword research, SEO
Today, I’m going to show you how to build your website based on demand by grabbing data from the current lay of the land (rhyme intended).
The picture above tells the story…
Imagine if your customers could tell you what to build in a website that would get them to engage with your brand…
Imagine no more.
It’s possible, and here’s how:
- Do really thorough keyword research to build a list of all the queries your customers may be searching for in search engines.
- SERP analysis software will check each keyword in your list. If a keyword shares 6 or more URLs on the first page of Google in common with another it will put those keywords in a group.
- You now have groups that give you direction on not only what individual pages you’ll need on your website in order to obtain search engine real estate, but you’ll know what type of content you’ll need on that page.
Here’s an Example
I have a list of about 1,000 keywords related to text messaging software for my website textspot.io
One of the groups is “text blast”:
I have to create a page on TextSpot all about text blasts and I need to use these keywords to determine what I need to write about on the page to best fulfill the intention of the searcher. Based on these keywords, I know I’ll need:
- To define what a text blast is.
- Describe how to send a text blast.
- Talk about options for sending free text blasts.
- Talk about what makes a good text blast service.
- Talk about the different features of text blast software.
- Answer common questions about text blasts and software.
You get the idea.
Your customers are providing insights that you can access every single day in Google.
If you want to understand them better and know how to help them – you should be actively collecting and organizing search engine data to take evidence-based action.
Share this article:
The Avalanche Email: Fun. Simple. Educational. No Selling.
Learn Result-focused SEO & Content
Join over 2,272+ others who get one email every Wednesday with simple instructions on how to get more website traffic and leads through SEO and content marketing. (Learn more about the email)
Share this article: