Level Up Your 2021 Marketing
Make this year the year that you improve your marketing by focusing on the search journey—not just search answers.
Welcome to 2021. It’s the year you improve your marketing and measure success appropriately. Let’s get started together. Here’s how…
- Measure Something
Anything, really, that you believe is a metric that, when improved, will increase your desired outcomes.
- Pair It.
Any metric in isolation can be misleading. You don’t want traffic or rankings alone, you want what they bring. Pair your metric with the desired outcome.
- Improve It
Find out how to improve THE METRIC, not just the value the metric measures.
Here’s what I mean:
You can’t improve what you don’t first measure…but, what should you measure?
In digital marketing, start with something simple, then improve what you measure over time:
- Start with overall website traffic (placing Google Analytics on your site).
- Then add goal tracking to measure important actions the traffic takes (form completions, email subscribes, phone calls, etc.)
- Improve your metric by asking better questions. You get traffic and conversions, but what is the source of the traffic from? What pages bring in the most conversions? Modify the metric to get more valuable insight.
- Take action. Double down on the traffic sources or landing pages that bring in the most valuable traffic (traffic that converts).
Search Journeys – Not Just Search Answers
Google search is always improving.
A big theme we’re expecting this year is more personalization.
Every single human comes to Google with unique needs and Google is looking for context to understand those needs.
Sure, we could all be searching for the same term like, “new year resolution” but what activity is the person who is searching for that doing before making that search?
- Are they searching for books to read?
- Are they searching for workout plans?
- Are they searching for healthy foods?
Google cares because it will help them deliver more relevant search results to its users for a query like, “new years resolution.”
Care about your customers’ search journey – not just the immediate answer to their query.
Share this article:
The Avalanche Email: Fun. Simple. Educational. No Selling.
Learn Result-focused SEO & Content
Join over 2,272+ others who get one email every Wednesday with simple instructions on how to get more website traffic and leads through SEO and content marketing. (Learn more about the email)
Share this article: