Reading Time: 2 minutes
Helping you answer the question, “what exactly should we build?”
This is the initial information gathering phase where we ask relevant questions to your particular project like the following:
- Who will our point of contact be at each stage?
- What systems, software, and strategies should we employ for maintaining a streamlined workflow between our teams? We have our own preferred communication tools and project management software. We’ll create a custom workflow and reporting structure for this project.
- How does the website’s data (inputs & outputs) affect the workflow of the company at large?
- How do website users gather the information they need from you already?
- What do they like about your current website?
- What don’t they like about your current website?
- What do you want more of and why? (traffic, conversions, etc.)
- How will we determine what content a page needs to have?
- In the beginning, we need to determine how you’ll manage your site internally. Who is responsible for what, standard operating procedures, etc.
- What other information are we going to need to meet the milestones within the next 4 phases of the site?
Creating a beautiful, easy-to-use website that delights your users and makes your company look amazing.
Informed by what we learn in the planning phase, we partner with your team on the design process. At a page-by-page level, we design for the user and relentlessly keep the design process focused on objectives set in the planning stage.
We begin the design with a focus on content. We gather all the necessary content the site should have and will need to enhance the user’s journey and overall experience. Once we have started gathering appropriate content we build a sitemap.
We’ll work together with Baron Malow to create a sitemap that is logical to the end-user(s) and does not neglect the current structure of the site. It’s important for the sitemap to be built with the current site in mind in order to avoid usability issues, broken links, and negative SEO implications.
With the sitemap built, we’ll use wireframes to represent the skeletal framework of the website’s page layouts and assist both stakeholders and designers in understanding layout and functionality.
We turn low fidelity wireframes into high-res mockups, incorporating user research into our designs, which allows us to create pages and journeys specific to key user audiences.
Writing flexible code that runs smoothly and securely across multiple platforms.
Move content from the current site into development environment.
Build the Foundation
Develop and set colors, buttons, headers, footers, content regions and other consistent, reusable elements of the site.
Custom Features & Functionality
Configure third-party integrations and develop unique site functionality.
Passes our pre and post-launch list and meets all accessibility, usability, and inclusion standards.
Taking your website live with minimal hassle.
We select a date and time to launch the site, having gone through all appropriate testing at the end of the development phase.
Keeping your website as strong and fresh as the day we launch.
We continue to support your website and your team to maximize the return of your investment and to help you reach your goals.